CZMQ comes as source code, licensed under the Mozilla Public License version 2 (MPLv2).
Latest Stable Release
The latest stable release is v2.2.0, from 2014/04/23:
Previous Stable Release
The previous stable release is v2.0.3, from 2013/11/16:
If you want the latest master, get it from here:
git clone git://github.com/zeromq/czmq
Then do ./autogen.sh before continuing with the normal build process.
CZMQ has many language bindings, as projects on Github.
To build on UNIX-like systems
If you have free choice, the most comfortable OS for developing with ØMQ is probably Linux.
- Make sure that libtool, autoconf, automake are installed.
- Check whether uuid-dev package, uuid/e2fsprogs RPM or equivalent on your system is installed.
- Unpack the .tar.gz source archive.
- Run ./configure, followed by make.
- To install ØMQ system-wide run sudo make install.
- On Linux, run sudo ldconfig after installing CZMQ.
To see configuration options, run ./configure --help. Read INSTALL for more details.
To build on Windows
- You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 or newer.
- Unpack the .zip source archive.
- In Visual C++ open the solution builds/msvc/vsxxxx/czmq.sln.
- Build the solution.
- CZMQ will be in the lib subdirectory.