CZMQ comes as source code, licensed under the Mozilla Public License version 2 (MPLv2).
- The current stable release is v3.0.2. We recommend this release for new development, as it has a simpler and cleaner socket API.
Main changes over v2.2: smart sockets (zsock), actors (zactor), gossip discovery (zgossip), regexps (xrex), and process management (in zsys).
- The previous stable release was v2.2.0.
The V2 API is still supported, and marked as "deprecated" (zauth, zbeacon, zctx, zmonitor, zmutex, zproxy, zsocket, zsockopt, and zthread).
To build on Linux
./autogen.sh ./configure make -j 4 make check sudo make install && ldconfig
You will need build-essentials, libtool, autoconf, automake and uuid-dev or equivalent.
To build on Windows
- You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 or newer.
- Unpack the .zip source archive.
- In Visual C++ open the solution builds/msvc/vsxxxx/czmq.sln.
- Build the solution.
- CZMQ will be in the lib subdirectory.