CZMQ comes as source code licensed under LGPLv3+.
Latest Stable Release
The latest stable release is v2.0.3, from 2013/11/16
The major change is support for ZeroMQ 4.0's new security infrastructure. The API is compatible with previous stable release (some deprecated methods were removed).
Previous Stable Release
The previous stable package is v1.4.1, from 2013/05/01:
If you want the latest master, get it from here:
git clone git://github.com/zeromq/czmq
Then do ./autogen.sh before continuing with the normal build process.
To build on UNIX-like systems
If you have free choice, the most comfortable OS for developing with ØMQ is probably Linux.
- Make sure that libtool, autoconf, automake are installed.
- Check whether uuid-dev package, uuid/e2fsprogs RPM or equivalent on your system is installed.
- Unpack the .tar.gz source archive.
- Run ./configure, followed by make.
- To install ØMQ system-wide run sudo make install.
- On Linux, run sudo ldconfig after installing CZMQ.
To see configuration options, run ./configure --help. Read INSTALL for more details.
To build on Windows
- You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 or newer.
- Unpack the .zip source archive.
- In Visual C++ open the solution win32\czmq.sln.
- Build the solution.
- CZMQ will be in the lib subdirectory.